Friday, September 1, 2017

Stitch Fix Review #29

In case you missed it, I unboxed my latest Stitch Fix in the video below. I thought it'd be fun to share the experience with you all. Doesn't it look fun?

I had a new stylist this month and I think she did a pretty good job fulfilling my requests. I wanted some sort of grey jacket as well as some light wash jeans. Read on to see what I got!

Loren Embroidery Detail Top by Spade and Heart
Ok so I do like this top better than I expected. I wore a white cami underneath because it is definitely sheer. It is very swingy and a bit wide on the bottom, as you can see in the above picture. The
detailing on the top is very sweet and feminine. I just feel like it's the wrong time of year to buy a tank top. Sure, it's blazing hot outside, but I would have been more inclined to buy this back in June. Right now I'm ready for Fall! Status: RETURN

Lei Distressed Frayed Hem Skinny Jean by Just USA
When I unboxed these jeans I wasn't crazy about the bottom of them. They take "raw hem" to a whole other level! Apparently it's called a frayed hem. I didn't notice it as much once they were on, but I'm still not in love with them. They are also too tight and the rise is a bit too low for me. I'm still 10 pounds away from my goal weight, but even then I don't know that they'd fit well. Status: RETURN

Mindee Mixed Material Raglan Knit Tee by Apricot
I kept the jeans on and paired them with this edgy floral top. I really like the top itself. But something about this outfit didn't feel like me. I felt a bit too rocker-girl with the black booties and the necklace. Through my many Stitch Fix try-ons, I have realized that how I style an item can really change my opinion of it. So I traded out the black boots for my black slip on sneakers.
Better! I instantly liked how the sneakers gave the floral top a more casual feel. But something was still off. I decided it was the necklace.
Perfect. After I removed the long necklace I felt like this was an outfit I could see myself wearing. Status: KEEP?

Daphne Fringe Pendant by Bancroft
I'm just not in love with this necklace. I love the idea of a long silver necklace, but maybe not this one.

Elissa French Terry Moto Jacket by Market and Spruce
I really like this jacket! It's fun and unique with the asymmetrical zipper. I like how it looks a little edgy and nice, but is still casual because of the knit material. I also like how the short length looks on me. However, this size is definitely too small. It was uncomfortable with the long sleeve tee underneath, which is why I changed into a tank. (Although I wouldn't wear this tank with it). I checked with Stitch Fix customer service and they do have this jacket in a large. So should I exchange it? I also really like the floral top. And even though I have some Stitch Fix credit, I'm not sure buying both items is in my budget this month. Status: KEEP?

Overall this was a really fun fix! Please consider using my referral link if you sign up for Stitch
Fix.  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832?sod=w&som=c

No comments:

Post a Comment