Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Turn Back To Praise

I received this book in the mail today, written by our very own pastor! (I read his first book and wrote about my own experience with panic disorder here: http://nullybabyblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-story-of-panic-and-anxiety.html)

This new book is all about how our thoughts control us and determine who we are. "The Master's Mind shows just how much God wants to strengthen our minds and enable us to rise above the noise that seeks to overwhelm us." Obviously I haven't read the book yet, but I have a feeling it will be great!


Image result for the master's mind the art of reshaping
I know how easy it is to let negative thoughts overwhelm us. How we interpret our circumstances can have a huge effect on our mood. Taking care of my family every day can be very rewarding but also very demanding. If I let myself, I could easily begin to see everything as a negative. By tweaking my thoughts just a little bit I can turn anything back into a praise for God. It's like that song "Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise". I've had that song stuck in my head all week!

Jenna spilled peanut butter pretzel crumbs all over the floor that I just cleaned.

Thank you Lord that my children do not have life-threatening peanut allergies.

3 loads of laundry done and the hamper is already full again!

Thank you Lord that we have the means to fill our closets with clothes.

I hate cleaning behind the toilet!

Thank you Lord that I am physically able to get on my hands and knees to clean for my family.

This summer was TOO hot!

Thank you Lord for the comfort of air conditioning inside, and the benefits of Vitamin D outside.

Our house is so loud I'm going to go deaf.

Thank you Lord that my children are healthy and full of energy.

These are just very small examples. But I bet if we practice this way of thinking with the small things, it will eventually become a habit and spill over into the big things.

I'll let you know how the book is!

No comments:

Post a Comment