Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: No Wheat or Sugar

My week of no wheat or sugar was a success! I lost 2 pounds this week. I didn't let myself eat any sort of dessert or wheat product. I wasn't so strict that I avoided things like ketchup just because it has sugar in it (I'd go crazy if I had to do that!), but overall I did really well with the challenge.

Lbs Lost So Far: 12
Lbs Left To Lose: 15

I tried 2 new recipes this week that I think are worth mentioning. I didn't get good pictures of our dinners so these are from the recipe websites. First up was this Cajun Chicken Pasta. It's a copycat recipe of the dish at Chili's. It was really good! I used a pasta made from a corn/quinoa blend instead of traditional wheat pasta, and we really couldn't taste a difference. I would definitely buy it again.

Then last night we had Meatloaf Balls. They tasted just like they sound....meatballs that taste like meatloaf! We had them with baked potatoes and they were fabulous.
So for this week I'm going to continue with the no wheat/sugar plan, except I will allow myself one cheat day where I can eat a little of both. I'm also going to aim for 3 servings of veggies every day, since I've been lacking in that category lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment