Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: 10 and 10

You are going to be so impressed with me. Since I last updated 2 weeks ago, I have lost another half a pound! Seriously, I'm like a poster child for weight loss right now.

Lbs Lost So Far: 10
Lbs Left To Lose: 17

10 pounds lost in 10 weeks isn't thaaaat bad right?

So here's the deal. This last month has been pretty stressful for me. We've been dealing with some pretty exhausting behavioral issues with the boys. Behaviors that take a lot of mental and emotional energy out of me, and leave little time or energy for me to do things for myself. Things like sit down and make a healthy meal plan, or even go grocery shopping on a regular basis. And then we all got SO sick, especially Lucas. He was sick for 3 weeks straight with a couple different viruses. I spent a lot of time playing nurse, running to the doctor, worrying, and being up all night taking care of sick kids (and a husband).

Thankfully I have had a LOT of support and help from people like my parents, Adam's Mom, etc. And now that all that is behind us, I'm ready to try something new. I'm going to start setting attainable weekly goals for myself, like I've done in the past when losing baby weight. I'm starting tomorrow with a bang and I'm going to give up wheat and sugar. I've given up sugar before and seen good results, but I've never tried giving up wheat. I'm curious to see what happens if I stop eating foods like bread and bagels, and replace them with healthier grains like oats, brown rice, quinoa, etc. I'll try it for the week and report back next week with (hopefully!) some weight loss.

Oh! I did manage to snap 1 picture of a recent dinner I made. This was on a night when I brought dinner to a friend with a new baby. I made pulled pork from my 100 Days of Real Food cookbook. Recipe here: https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/recipe-best-pulled-pork-crock-pot/ I also made a southwestern quinoa salad that had bell peppers, corn, black beans, cilantro, and cumin, among other things. I brought strawberries and whipped cream to my friend, but chose to eat some cucumbers with our meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment