Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: No Change

I had great momentum going last week and then I didn't lose anything this week. I was doing great with the no wheat/sugar plan, but then I cheated a little on Sunday. It was a planned cheat, but what I found was that once I ate some sugar I wanted more of it. So I ended up eating some again Monday and Tuesday, and I think that's what derailed my weight loss this week. One interesting thing I noticed was the difference in how I felt after Sunday. Up until then I had gone 10 days without wheat or sugar. I can honestly say I had more energy than I've had in a long time! I was feeling good. Then after indulging Sunday I suddenly felt sluggish and tired. I found myself back to craving sweets and I just didn't feel like being as active. I think if you pay attention, your body will tell you what it needs (and what it doesn't!).

Lbs Lost So Far: 12
Lbs Left To Lose: 15

Some meals worth mentioning from the week.......

Eggroll in a bowl over riced cauliflower
This was a meal I've made before. It's ground turkey mixed with a bag of coleslaw mix, and some Asian ingredients like soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, etc. This time instead of eating it over rice I cooked some frozen riced cauliflower. This is such a trendy product right now so I had to try it. The verdict? I really liked it and didn't miss the rice at all.

Nachos and Salad
I made refried beans in my crockpot and then put them on top of blue corn tortilla chips. Toppings included cheese, beans, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and jalapenos.
I also had a salad of romaine lettuce on the side. I mixed a little balsamic dressing with salsa and it was pretty good!

 Smoked Pulled Pork, Veggie Tots, Raw Veggies
This was a new find at Costco. I had heard how good it was but honestly, it wasn't our favorite. I realized too late that I don't like foods with a "smoked" flavor. This tasted more like smoked ham than pulled pork, if that makes sense.
The tater tot things on my plate were veggie tots from Green Giant. They are actually made from cauliflower, and while the taste was great, the texture was just too mushy. Nobody else really ate them.
On the menu this week is anything that doesn't require me to turn on the oven! What are your favorite hot-weather meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment