Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Year She Said NO

I don't know about you, but for me, December can be a stressful month. It's easy to lose sight of the meaning of Christmas while running from store to store, trying to find the perfect gift for each and every person on your list. When you add a pregnancy to the mix, that causes daily headaches and fatigue, it can be even harder to get everything done. Particularly when you are chasing around a little boy who now likes to undress himself.

So about a week ago I made a decision. I was going to take something off of my "To-Do" list. Just remove it and not give a second thought to it. And for me, it is Christmas cards. That's right, I'm saying NO to Christmas cards this year. At first I felt really guilty about not sending them out, because we've been receiving so many beautiful cards. And I love getting them in the mail and displaying them in my house. But the thought of making Ryan pose for a cute picture, then trying to find a cute card on Shutterfly, paying money to order the cards, and then address each and every one......too much! I just can't do it this year. So I apologize if you were expecting one from us this year. There's always next year, right?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! My Christmas letter is going out by email this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good for you, Stephanie! We made the same decision last year. This year, you'll get one in the mail, but I'm not even sure if it will make there before Christmas!! :-)

    ReplyDelete