Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gain Lose Gain

When I got pregnant with Ryan, I was overweight. I gained 36 pounds during that pregnancy, which resulted in a number that I never want to see again on the scale. I was blessed to be one of those people who lost all the pregnancy weight in the first 6 weeks, and thanks to calories burned through breastfeeding, went on to lost another 40 pounds over the next 5 months. That put me at a very healthy weight for my height. (I'm not going to mention specific numbers).

I gained back a few pounds right before getting pregnant this time, and I have officially started this pregnancy exactly 31 pounds lighter than my last pregnancy. And while I know that I'm gaining weight for a very good reason (the best possible reason!), it's still tough to see the numbers on the scale go back up.

My old jeans are no longer buttonable. My maternity jeans from the last pregnancy are all size large and are too big for me now. I'm too cheap to go out and buy some new maternity pants, although I know I'm just delaying the inevitable. So for now, I switch back and forth between two pants. One day I'll wear my jeans with a hairband holding them closed. (It really works!). The next day I wear my black sweatpants. And repeat. And repeat. I hate this awkward stage of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment