Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rooster

This post could be about our neighbor's rooster who is a bit confused and likes to cock-a-doodle-do all day long. It could be about how Ryan tries to imitate the sound and it's really adorable. But it isn't. Instead this is about my own little rooster.
You see, Ryan used to "sleep in" as a baby until between 7:30 and 8am. As he has gotten older he has been waking up earlier, typically by 7am. Then it started creeping back to around 6:30, when Adam leaves for work. But ever since we started giving Ryan the melatonin at night and forcing him to go to sleep by 9pm, he has been waking up for the day as early as 5:15am, which is when Adam gets up for work.
I honestly don't mind getting up early as long as I have been able to get enough sleep during the night. But I'm not! And neither is Ryan. And because Ryan still doesn't nap, getting up so early means he is cranky and tired even earlier in the day.So how do I get my rooster to "sleep in" an extra hour?

1 comment:

  1. Jessamy did something similar at nine months. I thought walking would tire her out. Nope. She started getting up an hour earlier at 6AM. So I brought her into bed with me and I read to her for an hour. Not exactly sleeping but at least I was recumbant. She took naps mid morning like elevenish for about 1 1/2 hours. Sorry he isn't napping. Maybe you should introduce a "quiet" time somewhere in your house where he can't get out? Or what would happen if you brought him into his bedroom, closed the door, and YOU laid on the floor and napped? lol

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete