Saturday, January 30, 2010

Preparing for Childbirth

This morning we attended our first Childbirth class at Kaiser. It's a 4-week class, 2.5 hrs for each session. First off, I have to say our instructor is quite unique. She would be talking about breathing techniques, and then all of a sudden go off on a tangent about the importance of skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth. Oh, and then she'd jump over to the topic of the best sleeping positions for pregnant women. Talk about random!

Adam told me after the class that it actually kept him awake. (Silly man, he took nighttime cold medicine before our 9am class). Just when he was starting to get drowsy and lose concentration....she'd launch into something totally different. Unfortunately I am sick as well, so it was hard for both of us to concentrate. Hopefully next week goes a little bit better.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, is her name Sylvia? My mom said that's who you'd have and she said that would be interesting because she's heard people say that Sylvia is odd. Hmmm, maybe I should get my mom to give you some classes on the side =)

    ReplyDelete