Monday, February 1, 2010

Pregnant + Sick = Bad Combination

I really thought I could make it through these entire 9 months without getting sick. Wishful thinking Stephanie! I have had a cold since Thursday that has knocked me out. Adam has also been sick, except he gets to take drugs to aid his recovery. I'm so jealous!

Being sick while pregnant has been a new experience for me. Besides the usual symptoms, I'm completely zapped of all energy. I'm not sleepy, but my body just feels exhausted. It was an effort just to get off the couch yesterday to get Riley's ball out from under the couch. (A really annoying habit of his...he pushes it under and then whines until I retrieve it for him. Isn't he supposed to retrieve things for me??) Anyways, I wonder if this tiredness is what many women experience in the beginning of their pregnancies. I never really had that symptom, so maybe this is payback.

Did you know I am officially in my 3rd trimester?? 28 weeks today! I've got a prenatal Dr. appt tomorrow so I will report back with the results then.

3 comments:

  1. Be sure and take it easy little Mama. I too got sick with a really bad cold and cough the WEEK before I was due. No good. So you rest and recover, and stay away from anyone showing any symptoms of anything what so ever!! Love reading your blog. :)

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better. Being sick is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Susan!

    So glad you're enjoying my blog! I was just thinking that if I'm going to get sick, now is a good time. I'm not *too* uncomfortabley large yet, and we'll be moving in March. Lots of important stuff coming up that I can't be sick for!

    ReplyDelete