Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nothing But Praise

That's what I got from my Doctor today! Nothing but praise. =)

I had a great 28-week appointment that started with the dreaded weigh-in..........0 lbs! I was shocked. I just don't get it. I probably ate less this month due to the lecture I received at my last appt, but then I also exercised less because of all the rain we've been having. Oh well, I guess I should just trust that my body is doing the right thing. If the baby wants me to gain 7 lbs one month and 0 the next, that's okay with me. My Dr. was very pleased, and said something along the lines of "Oh I was never really worrried about your weight. You're doing great". HUH? You made me stress out for nothing?

My blood pressure was once again pretty high, and my Dr. declared that I have "White Coat Syndrome". As in, I get really anxious when I'm at the Dr. so my BP just naturally rises while I'm there. At home it's always normal/lowish.

She listened to the baby's heartbeat, which sounded great! She kept losing it, though, because Baby Boy Nullmeyer is a busy little baby! She said he's quite an active little guy based on the fact that she had to chase him around my tummy in order to catch the heartbeat long enough to actually listen to. Haha this makes me happy and terrified all at the same time. I want a nice calm little boy!

Finally she measured my belly and said it is 28 cm. Apparently this is right on track since I'm 28 weeks. My Dr. also said it was great that I have no stretch marks yet. Key word: YET.

She ended the appt by telling me that I'm "blooming". I guess I'll take that as a compliment! So overall, a perfect appointment!

Now that I'm in my 3rd trimester my monthly visits will become bi-weekly visits. WOW. I can't believe this is going so fast.

OK time to go eat ice cream. =)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Good job, you deserve ice cream :o) Wow...every two weeks...I can't believe you're that close already. So exciting. Hopefully Little Lemos can keep up with Nully Baby and grow, grow, grow!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your appointment went better this time. That wasn't very nice of your Dr. to stress you out like that and then say she wasn't really worried. Oh well, atleast everything is going great. Sounds like your baby is going to come somersaulting out of you! LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what they say, if they're active in the womb, they're getting out all their energy. you'll have the calmest little guy on the block! hehe.

    ReplyDelete