Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Name Game

As my due date approaches, we have been putting some serious thought into baby names. I had a baby name poll up on the blog for a while, and for the past few months we had decided on the name Ryan, middle name James. But then Adam decided that Ryan sounds too similar to Riley. So while it's still an option, we're searching for a better one. We have a new name in mind that Adam really likes, and I also like. I just keep thinking that there's something better out there. For now I will not be sharing this new name with the entire blog world. You will just have to wait and be surprised!

Baby Boy Nullmeyer (can't wait until he has a real name!) is quite the active baby! I feel him kicking and squirming and moving all day long. At this point he can recognize my voice, react to light, and can even "breathe" in amniotic fluid! It truly amazes me how he started out so teeny tiny, and is now nearly 2 pounds.

These are the kinds of miracles that make it so easy to believe in God. One of my favorite Bible verses is from Psalm 139:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
~Psalm 139:13-16

How awesome is it that God "knitted" my little baby together? I feel comforted knowing that God personally created this little baby for a very special purpose. I do not know what it is yet, but God does.

2 comments:

  1. Steph, I totally agree with you. It's an amazing thing to know that God chose this specific baby to be your son. He knew that you and Adam would be the exact perfect parents for him. It's amazing to me that God already knows (or has always known) who this little guy will become. I can't wait to see what He has in store. I cannot believe that anyone who has children of their own or even children in their lives can think that this amazing miracle is anything other than an act of God. I always tell Jon that we are so lucky. He always corrects me and says that "luck has nothing to do with it. We are fortunate and we are blessed." He is so right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night about what your baby's name was, but now I can't remember it. The middle name was Noah, I just can't remember the first name! Oh, I also had a dream that you bought a house out in the country.

    ReplyDelete