Sunday, January 3, 2010

24 Weeks Pregnant

I've made it to the 6-month mark! Although I still have 4 months left until my due date. Funny how that works....pregnancy math is very confusing. You are pregnant for 40 weeks, so the whole "9-month" notion is actually wrong. I'm never quite sure what to say when people ask me how far along I am, because if I say 6 months, they'll say "Oh, only 3 months left!" Then I have to go into the long explanation of actually having 4 months left blah blah blah. So I just quote it in weeks, and let them figure it out on their own.

Here I am at 24 weeks. I feel like I had a major growth spurt this month, but the picture doesn't look much different from my 20-week photo.

I'm feeling the baby kick constantly. It's a very reassuring feeling, like he's letting me know everything's okay in there. I even think he may have had the baby hiccups yesterday. It was right after I woke up and was still laying in bed. I felt something like a kick, but it vibrated my entire stomach rather than just in one area. I felt the same thing again about 10 seconds later, and then again a few seconds after that. So cute!

On the downside, my belly is starting to get in the way of every day life. I'm finding it harder to roll over when laying down, and I really have to hoist myself up off of the couch from a sitting position. Other than that I really can't complain. I was experiencing some random hip pain in the middle of the night about a month ago, but then I bought this, the Boppy Total Body Pillow! I snuggle up to it every night now and haven't had any back or hip pain since. Again, I really can't complain. Let's hope I continue to feel this good!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I guess people say 9 months because you usually don't know you're pregnant until after the first month. It does seem to cause a lot of confusion though. I'm glad to hear that you don't seem to be having anymore complications.

    ReplyDelete