Monday, January 18, 2010

Maybe There's Twins in There?

Lately that is the question I have been asking myself whenever I look in the mirror or step on the scale. My belly is growing by the day and I can't believe I potentially have 14 more weeks to go!

I'm feeling larger by the day and quite honestly, a bit uncomfortable. Rolling over in bed is a definite effort. And bending over to tie my shoes? Still possible, but kind of painful.

I've been trying to walk regularly and I've even done my Denise Austin Fit N Firm Pregnancy DVD workout a few times, but I am still rapidly gaining weight. As in, more than 1 pound per week! Which leads me to my question.....maybe there is more than 1 baby in there? At least that would provide an explanation for my hugeness! I think I am extra sensitive about the whole weight gain subject because I had a few pounds to lose before I got pregnant. And it doesn't help being harrassed by my Dr. about it every 4 weeks. It is frustrating to be outside of the "normal" range because it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, yet I am making a real effort to do everything right.

I am starting to get pretty sick of maternity clothes. I can't wait until I can lose the baby weight and start wearing normal clothes again.
My big belly is also making me wonder how big Baby Nullmeyer will be when he is born. Adam was just under 6 lbs at birth, and then dropped even lower afterwards. I, on the other hand, was an enormous 9 lbs, 11 oz. I really hope my birth weight is not an indication of my baby's future birth weight! If so, bring on the epidural!!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! My belly blew up over the last week, I managed to look really pregnant in a huge hockey jersey which made me a little sad. Stick with your workout plan and healthy eating and don't worry so much about the weight gain. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Keep your chin up, your little man will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great too! I hope I get to see you at least once before the baby gets here. And hopefully you will have an Adam size baby and not a Stephanie size one, lol!

    ReplyDelete