Monday, January 25, 2010

Pregnancy Complaints

My good friend Danielle let me borrow the book Belly Laughs to read this weekend. It was such an easy read, I finished it in one hour. It is written by Jenny McCarthy and she really holds nothing back about pregnancy! It basically highlights all the weird/gross/uncomfortable things that she experienced during her pregnancy. It made me reflect on the annoying symptoms I have experienced thus far. There haven't been too many, but here are a couple that stand out for me:

Heartburn! I've heard the horror stories but up until now have not experienced its wrath during pregnancy. Well that all changed Friday night! I woke up at about 1:30am with a horrible burning in my throat. It was like everything I had eaten for dinner was trying to come back up and scorch my esophagus in the process. And I didn't even eat spicy food for dinner.....shrimp, steamed red potatoes, tomato slices and some sourdough bread. I think I just ate too late and then went to bed too soon afterwards. I'm going to have to start allowing a few hours in between meals and lying down. So after suffering for about 30 minutes, I started feeling nauseous. I eventually got out of bed, stuck my fingers down my throat and made myself throw up. It was the only thing that finally relieved the burning. That, and a small glass of milk.

Baby Brain! I never knew this was a real thing until I began to experience it a few months ago. Something happens when you get pregnant that makes you really ditzy at times. I will give you 2 examples, but trust me when I say there are many more! About 3 months ago I totally drove on the wrong side of the road, with my dog in the front seat. I'd like to think this is not something I would normally do. Secondly, just last week I almost brought a raw frozen chicken breast to work with me in my lunch bag. I have no explanation for this one....

So there you have it! Pregnancy has done some pretty weird things to me, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. And for all who are curious, NO, my belly button has not yet popped out! Adam asks me every day. Apparently he's pretty worried about this.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I think we need to ban Market Broiler. My stomach was so sick that night....I think I got up to run to the bathroom 3 times. I definitely think that we ate too late though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I just moved to Hayward with my husband 2 years ago so I don't really know anyone! Glad you found my blog :) Congrats on your pregnancy! If you ever want to e-mail me or have any pregnancy complaints lol, my e-mail is aleytac@hotmail.com
    Take Care!
    Aleyta

    ReplyDelete