Thursday, January 3, 2019

SeaQuest Aquarium in Folsom

This morning I took the kids to the new SeaQuest that recently opened in Folsom. I had heard mixed reviews, but figured we'd give it a try. We have been at home the majority of the kids' Christmas break, so we were ready for an outing! (I used to take the kids out to places SO much more when it was just the 2 boys, or even just the 3. But ever since Andrew came along I'm pretty much always home. Ryan has been asking me to spend more time with him and take them places "like I used to". So I was bound and determined to do that!)
After waiting in line outside for about 45 minutes we finally made it inside. I was praying the experience would be worth the wait! This place is not huge, so we took our time looking at every single animal and exhibit.
 We stopped to scale a few glaciers.
 And sat on a dragon, pondering life and showing off our new haircut.
Jenna didn't even hesitate when the staff offered to let her pet various animals. (Side note: I need help with her hair! I'm growing out her bangs but they just don't look good right now. Her hair is very thin and fine, and has a bit of wave to it. I keep pinning her bangs to the side but all clips seem to fall out of her fine hair. Any ideas?)
 I think the sting rays were our favorite. Or as Lucas called them, "the flat fish!"
We sat inside the shark area. I was really hoping they would have larger marine life, but the small sharks were the biggest animals we saw.
One of the reasons it is hard for me to take all 4 kids places is this guy. He is usually not content to sit calmly in his stroller. So I was pleasantly surprised when he was afraid of the animals. Ha! He actually asked to go back in his stroller after I took him out to get closer to the fish. It sure made it easier on me to have him strapped down.
They look bored here but I promise they really did seem to enjoy themselves. I mean, it wasn't a Monterey Bay Aquarium experience, but still pretty fun.
Ryan really made me proud today. During the few times when I was carrying Andrew he would push the stroller for me. Then when we stopped to look at an exhibit he would park it off to the side, and then go and retrieve it afterwards. (All without being asked!) Afterwards in the gift shop Lucas was whining about wanting a toy. Ryan turned to him and said something along the lines of "Think about everything Mommy just did for us. She took us to have fun and bought us snacks. You're being rude by asking for more. Thank you for bringing us here Mommy". I was kind of shocked! I made sure to brag to his Daddy in front of Ryan about his good behavior.
It was a fun day at SeaQuest….not sure we would go back anytime soon but I'm glad we got out of the house and experienced something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment