Tuesday, January 22, 2019

More Veggies for Jenna!

Last week I was snapping photos of everything Jenna ate, in preparation to write a blog post. And as I was looking at the pictures from 3 days' worth of eating, I noticed something. Jenna hadn't eaten a single vegetable!
Jenna is absolutely my best eater. Not only will she eat more variety and healthier foods in general, but she isn't so stubborn that she won't try a bite of something new. (I'm looking at you Lucas).
Foods Jenna will happily eat that her brothers won't even smell: Sunflower Seeds, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Cucumbers, Garbanzo Beans, Broccoli, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Elderberry Syrup, Grapefruit...….
So then how did 3 days go by with no vegetables?
I think I just view Jenna as the "good eater" so I don't put as much effort into nagging her to eat the good stuff. I put it on her plate and then get busy with her brothers and don't realize she isn't actually eating it. Luckily, Jenna will usually eat her fruits and veggies with some reminding from me.

 I just have to be intentional about actually doing it!
 Here are a few of Jenna's recent meals:
So tell me, what are some fun or creative ways you serve vegetables to your kids? The boys pretty much refuse to eat any and all veggies, but I have hope for Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment