Monday, January 28, 2019

Recent Amazon Purchases

Here is proof of how hooked on Amazon I am. The other day while walking through Target with a few of my kids, I realized I had forgotten something on the other side of the store. The kids were getting crazy and I was in a rush, so rather than walk across the store to get the item, I chose to go home and order it through Amazon Prime. Ha!
I got to thinking about all the things I order through Amazon. Sometimes I use it for gifts, especially around Christmas. Other times I just need something more basic and rather than run out to the store, I choose to use Amazon and have it delivered. And more often than not, I can get a better price through Amazon than anywhere else. Plus free shipping!

I thought it would be fun to peek inside my Amazon cart and see some of the things I've been ordering recently.

Health & Beauty

Elderberry Gummies
Yes, I still make my own elderberry syrup. You can read my blog post about it here: http://nullybabyblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/homemade-elderberry-syrup.html
However, my two oldest boys do not like the taste of it. So every day when Andrew, Jenna and I drink our syrup, I give the big boys 2 of these elderberry gummies. They are quite sweet so they have no problem taking them.

Vicks Plug-In Vaporizer
We have shockingly been having a healthy winter so far. Maybe from all the elderberry we've been consuming?? However, Lucas and Andrew both had a very mild cold last week. So at bedtime I plugged in their Vicks Waterless Vaporizer. It comes with tiny pads you insert and throw away after one night's use. I plugged it in, left the room for a few minutes, and when I came back the entire room was so fragrant! The Vicks really helps open up their airways and clear up their stuffy noses, especially at night.

Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste
For many years now I've been noticing how yellow my teeth are becoming. Probably because I drink coffee and tea every day. I've tried whitening strips but to be honest....if it's one more thing for me to remember to do, I'm probably not going to stick with it. When I heard about this all natural whitening toothpaste, I decided to give it a try....because I'm already brushing my teeth so it's not like it's any extra effort. It is made with activated charcoal and coconut. The taste is neutral...not bad but not minty fresh. And guess what? After using it just 2 days I honestly noticed my teeth were whiter! I have used it daily for about 2 weeks now and I think my teeth are so much whiter! Bonus: It leaves my teeth feeling squeaky clean, like I've just been to the dentist.

This is my new favorite mascara. I was previously using one by the same brand but it was so clumpy! This one leaves zero gunky black clumps on my lashes and I just love it. If you're in the market for a new mascara I highly recommend this one.

Household

Down Alternative Bed Pillows
 Adam bought me these pillows for Christmas and I am in love with them. I have been gushing about them so much that he ended up buying himself a set a few weeks later! We bought the king size so they are quite large, but I love them. I sleep with one behind my head and one at a slant, kind of half under my shoulder and half next to my body so I can hug it. They are firm but still squishy enough to be comfortable. And they are a terrific price, in my opinion.

Fabric Labels

Ok I know these look kind of boring but hey, I'm a Mom. These little things that make life easier are exciting! These fabric labels are so versatile. I used them initially for the boys' lunch bags, backpacks, and thermoses for school. Because my boys love to forget their things in random places at school. But then I got fed up one days with my kids mixing up their toothbrushes, so I labeled all their toothbrushes with these (I used a permanent market to write their names) and they have stuck tight ever since.

Black & Decker Hand Vacuum
I had a dustbuster for a few years but the battery finally died, so Adam bought me this replacement. I use it every single day to attack couch crumbs, dust along the baseboards or stairs, or cheerios that have been spilled under kids' beds. My kids also love using this, which makes it even better.

Family Organizer/Planner

After a lot of research, this is the planner I ended up purchasing for myself for 2019. It's not a super fancy one, but it gets the job done. My favorite part is the weekly tear-out shopping list. Each week also has an area for a short to-do list (anyone else love crossing off their to-dos?), as well as an area to write prayer requests or praises. So far it's perfect for my needs. And as far as planners go, it's pretty inexpensive.

Kids/Toys

Hairdorables Doll




Jenna got one of these Hairdorables for Christmas, and then we gifted one to her cousin Lyla. What makes it fun is that everything in the box is a surprise. You don't know which doll or accessories you're going to get. Every one I have seen is adorable!

Brain Flakes
Ahhh brain flakes! One of our newest obsessions. These provide endless entertainment for kids who like creating or building. All 3 of my older kids can use these, and I love that they encourage open-ended play. Can't say enough good things about them.

Disc Swing
These disc swings are hands-down our most loved and used Christmas present. We hung them from our back porch pergola and the kids LOVE them. They are out there every single day swinging. If you have a tree or other structure to hang one from, buy one for your kids!!

Bus Stop Game
We now own 2 Orchard Toys games and they are just so fun and cute. Jenna already owned Crazy Chefs, which is probably our favorite. For Christmas she received the Bus Stop game and it is just as cute! The age range is 4-8. I would say Ryan gets a little bored with these games but Jenna has played them since she was 3, and Lucas will still play them at 6, so I would say 3-7 is an appropriate age range. The Bus Stop game teaches basic math while you drive around town picking up people with your bus. The Crazy Chefs game requires you to find the necessary ingredients to "cook" your meal. I'd highly recommend any of the Orchard Toys board games for your little kids.

There you go....a glimpse into what we've been Amazon Priming. What have you bought recently from Amazon?

Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment