Sunday, April 29, 2018

Ryan: Eight

Happy 8th Birthday Ryan!!
At 8 years old you seem to be half sweet little boy and half teenager! On the one hand, you still call me "Mommy" and love when I crawl on top of your bunk bed to snuggle with you. On the other hand, you have the attitude of a 14-year-old and throw up your hands in anger at me nearly every day.
I have noticed your voice deepening this year and it makes me so sad. You have always had such a cute voice, and all of a sudden you just sound so mature. You have recently become very interested in your hair. You put gel in your hair and are constantly checking to make sure it is just right. You are also very particular about your clothes! Your favorite outfit is a pair of sweatpants and one of your San Jose Sharks shirts/jerseys. You will even dig through your dirty laundry for it and try to convince me your outfit is clean.
You adore spending time with your Daddy, watching hockey or working in the garage together.
Ryan, you have such an air of indifference about you. You often seem as if you just don't care about things. I ask you about school and your answer is "eh" and a shrug. I think with certain things (like school!), you really just don't care. But with other things, you come across as not caring because you aren't one to show a lot of emotion. You don't get overly excited about things, even if they are things you enjoy. That's definitely the Prausa/Lewis genes coming through!
Those eyelashes!

The way to your heart is with tacos and playing catch. You adore foods like tacos, pizza, burgers, nachos, chips, and chocolate. And you love playing catch. You are constantly asking me to go outside and throw the ball with you. And I feel so bad when I can't because I'm preoccupied with your little siblings.
It is so nice to see you enjoying baseball this year! You really do love playing. Just recently you have been getting yourself ready for your games, sometimes up to an hour ahead of time. This is HUGE. For your entire life I have been nagging you to put on your socks, your shoes, brush your teeth, get your water.....but you are often in "Ryan land" when it is time to go somewhere. Now, all of a sudden you are motivated to get yourself ready without even being asked!
Ryan you are such a good big brother. It is nice having you around to watch Andrew for a few minutes at a time. And I can always count on you to play gently and nicely with Jenna. (You've got a soft spot for her!). Unfortunately, you know how to push Lucas' buttons, and you two are always at odds. Maybe someday you will be best friends, living in an apartment together?
Other special things to note about you: You always compliment me when I wear something new. You love talking anything bathroom-related. You hate playing by yourself. You get frustrated REALLY easily. I call you "Ry-Ry" or even just "Ry" a lot now.
Oh and one more thing Ryan. I know this was the year you finally started staying in your bed all night. But I honestly wouldn't mind if you decided to climb into our bed every once in a while.
Happy Birthday Ryan James Nullmeyer!! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment