Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Extended Weekend Recap

Our weekend unofficially began on Friday, when I was woken up by a cranky baby. Andrew had been super fussy and clingy all week. He also had a yucky cold, so I decided to get his ears checked. My Mommy suspicions were correct. Second ear infection for this guy.
Friday night Ryan's baseball team was invited to a Rivercats game in one of their suites. Adam and Ryan went and had a fun night.
 Ryan had a blast! He said the best part was all the free food.
 Meanwhile, the 3 little kids and I watched Monsters Inc at home and binged on cheerios.

Saturday morning I got up and made waffles for the kids. When Adam got up I passed the baby off to him and went out for a run. When Adam is home to watch the kids, I like to try and run further distances. My plan was to run 4 miles, but then I changed it to 3.5, since my 5k the previous weekend was the longest distance I had run. But then literally right when I reached 3.1 miles I looked down at my phone and it died. Soooo I decided running a 5k distance was good enough and I called it quits at 3.1 miles. My time was 36 minutes and 20 seconds....literally the same as the previous weekend's 5k.

The rest of Saturday was a day full of baseball. Lucas played first. He keeps asking me "Mommy why did you sign me up for baseball? I don't really like it." Oh well, he seems to be having fun when he's out there.
We had a 30 minute break in between games during which I stood in line for a couple of overpriced hot dogs.
Then we watched Ryan play. And Ryan is loving baseball this year!
 
Jenna was such a trooper. Unfortunately she was starting to catch Andrew's cold, so by around 4pm she was begging to go home. She did get a free cookie from another Mom!
We ate chicken fajitas for dinner and went to bed early.
Sunday morning we had good intentions to go to church, but with 2 sick kids and a to-do list a mile long, we chose to stay home and watch the sermon online. Our Pastor is currently teaching from the book of Habakkuk. I don't think I have ever read this book in the Bible before, so it is quite interesting.

We ate an early lunch and headed out to Lowe's for some new plants. Next we went to Trader Joe's because we had NO food in the house. (At least according to Adam and the kids). When we got home the kids immediately ate about $50 worth of groceries. (I know, I know, I need to save now for when they are teenagers!)
It was starting to get cold and cloudy, so we decided to squeeze in a few more minutes outside. We loaded everyone up for a bike ride. Unfortunately we only rode for 15 minutes or so before it got too cold!
I suggested the kids play a game while I cook dinner. They tried to play Life but a couple kids were in a "mood" so that got cut short.
Instead they built this big pillow bed/fort thing in the living room.
How many boys can you spot?
I see 4 of them!
Adam didn't have any work on Monday so he helped me tackle the giant mess in the house. Busy weekends are fun but they sure leave a lot of work for Monday. We planted out new plants out front before the rain began.
And then we spent almost the entire day cleaning. Anyone else feeling the Spring cleaning itch? I want to organize and donate everything.

Later in the day I had to run to Lowe's for a new doorknob. Adam had the 3 big kids at home and when I got back, they had built this epic fort. It may not look like much but it is amazing! It has 3 separate rooms for each of the kids, and the only way to access the fort is to crawl through our bench tunnel.
 And that was our extended weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment