Thursday, May 3, 2018

Threenager Regression

It's hard when your "easy" child isn't acting like they usually do. Jenna, my most easy-going child, has not been so easy lately. I think she's going through some sort of regression. Or maybe she's just being a threenager. To be fair, her 3's are nothing compared to those of her brothers. But still, I hate seeing my little girl acting this way!
First of all, there is the whining. She never used to be very whiny. If I told her no, she accepted it and moved on. But lately when something I say or do makes her unhappy, she starts whining. And she goes on and on and on. At first I would just explain my reasons for saying no, and then ignore her continued whining. But I am at the point where I'm having to put her in a time-out because she is disrupting all of us.
Jenna has always been a great sleeper, but during the last month or so she has started coming in our room almost every night. She tells me she had a bad dream, or something her dark closet scares her. She will creep in and climb into bed, sometimes asking for water, and sometimes just snuggling up and going to sleep.

Oh yes, and then there is her voice. Jenna has started talking in a strange whiny baby voice. Maybe there is a little bit of jealousy going on because of Andrew?
One thing I do love about my girl's personality is this: Jenna finds joy in the smallest things. Something really minor can make her SO happy. I love seeing her face light up over something as simple as a trip to the store. I hope that never changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment