Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Food and Exercise

I still have 9 pounds of baby weight to lose. Despite my best efforts to bump up my workouts this week, my weight stayed the same. I did get off track a bit with my eating over the weekend, so maybe that's why the scale didn't budge. However, this week I did discover that I fit into 3 pairs of my old jeans! So maybe my body composition is changing, even if the scale is taking a while to catch up.

Here is a little summary of what I've been eating for dinner and how I've been exercising this past week. I tried to integrate a bit more strength training into my workouts. I enjoyed it because I honestly really don't like cardio. I'd rather lift weights until my muscles burn than run until my lungs burn. Ha!

Thursday: Dinner was really simple. Steamed broccoli and cauliflower, brown rice, and ground turkey topped with Worcestershire. On this day I walked/ran 1 mile on the treadmill and then did the 30-minute Upper Body Fix workout.

Friday: Dinner was a turkey and orzo stuffed pepper. While I waited for my stuffed bell pepper to cook, I snacked on fresh raw veggies and homemade ranch dip. On this day I did the 30-minute Lower Body Fix workout.

Sat: I went to a MOPS Mom's Night Out at a friend's house and we had nachos for dinner. (unpictured) Exercise was a brisk 30 minute walk around the park that morning while my boys played.

Sun: I ate an early dinner at my sister's surprise party. It was a plate of various pastas from Buca di Beppo. I also had a small piece of cake, and later that night I ate a large salad. Exercise on this day was a 1.5 mile run/walk on the treadmill.

Mon: Dinner was teriyaki chicken made using a homemade sauce on top of diced boneless skinless chicken thighs. I ate it with leftover brown rice and a mix of steamed carrots/celery/cabbage. For exercise I did the 30-minute Pilates Fix.


Tue: Dinner was hamburger soup and a small piece of cracked wheat sourdough. I had a bad headache on this day so instead of doing my planned treadmill workout I just went for a 40-minute walk outside while pushing the double stroller.

My one complaint this week is my back. Oh my aching back! By the end of the day it is hurting so badly. It could be from carrying the baby around, although I have noticed it gets a lot worse after I run. I'm wondering if maybe my core stomach muscles are so weak from pregnancy that it is affecting my back? Time to do more crunches I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment