Sunday, October 8, 2017

Two Things (x4)

Two random little facts about each of my 4 kids right now.

RYAN (7 years, 5 months)

-Ryan loves doing anything that makes him feel independent. This week I had him cross the street to check our mailbox a couple times by himself. I could literally see him puff up with pride because it made him feel so old. He is even asking to walk home from school by himself, but we're not ready for that!

-Ryan finally likes potatoes! Until a couple months ago the only way he would eat potatoes was in French fry form. Now, if I cut them into wedges and roast in the oven, he will devour them. I realize they are still slightly fry-ish. But for Ryan, this is a huge improvement.

LUCAS (5 years, 4 months)
-Lucas is so funny about hand soap. He always comments on the way it smells and gets really excited when I put a new soap in the bathroom. The other day he came out of the bathroom and very seriously told me "Mommy you're going to have to buy new soap. I do NOT like how the new one smells".

-Lucas loves working in his math book! It is optional homework for Kindergarten but he doesn't know that. I assign a few pages to him while Ryan does his homework, and he always does it without complaining. He is currently about 5 pages ahead of where he should be....and eager to do more!

 JENNA (2 years, 10 months)
-Jenna is unbelievably polite! She says Thank You all the time, for both little and big things. Just yesterday she walked outside to see her Daddy washing the car. She exclaimed "Oh thank you Daddy for washing our car!!".

-This girl adores her eggies. Almost every morning she wakes up and asks for eggies. She will eat them fried, scrambled, or boiled. This week she ate 2 boiled eggs for lunch and then asked for more. I think she makes up for her brothers in this department, since they won't touch an egg from a mile away.


 ANDREW (7 Months, 10 days)
-Andrew is not a cuddly baby. In fact, he is getting nearly impossible to hold! He squirms and wiggles and grabs my face and pulls my hair and arches his back and kicks my stomach. No way will he let me rock him to sleep. He'd rather beat me up!

-Andrew rubs his little feet together constantly. I can't tell if something is itching him, but he acts as if his feet are uncomfortable. He rubs them together so hard that his toenails cut and scratch his feet. I've had to start keeping socks on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment