Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: Week 4

Despite still being sick this week I feel like I did a great job with my eating. I didn't get much exercise in but I did focus on eating fewer sweets and smaller portions overall, with the focus on produce, whole grains, healthy fats and protein. I even found the time to snap photos of 2 separate days of what I ate, so I'll share that below. This week I lost 3 pounds!!

Lbs Lost So Far: 7
Lbs Left To Lose: 20

Are you trying to lose weight or simply eat healthier? Take photos of everything you eat and share it on the internet. Seriously, it helps keep me very accountable!

Day 1
Breakfast: Vanilla yogurt topped with frozen blueberries, the last of my homemade granola, and a few almonds.

Lunch: Black beans topped with 2 scrambled eggs, raw bell peppers and salsa

Snack: 1 big granny smith apple, cottage cheese topped with cinnamon

Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
I have never made anything using cream of chicken soup because of the less than healthy ingredients. But I found this organic version that looked fairly healthy, so I decided to make a chicken broccoli rice casserole. I used brown rice and it turned out SO good! Adam loved it.
 I served it with a simple salad. I also went back for a tiny second portion of the casserole.
 Dessert: 2 Larabar Bites

Day 2
Breakfast: I was in the mood for something different this morning. I fried an egg in a little butter and served it on top of a corn tortilla with about 1/3 of an avocado spread on top. It was delicious! I also had a cutie and iced coffee with a tiny splash of cream and milk.
Snack: One of my favorite snacks from Trader Joe's.....dried mango! (Get the kind with no added sugar)
Lunch: Lettuce topped with cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and leftover steak, topped with blue cheese dressing

Snack: RXBAR in chocolate sea salt. I was running out the door so I grabbed this new bar to try. I don't eat granola bars very often because they seem expensive and not usually the healthiest option. But I do love peanut butter Larabars, and I've heard these new RX bars are similar. It was pretty good but a little pricey.

Dinner: Salmon, Broccoli, Brown Rice/Quinoa Rice medley topped with parmesan. (Plus a little extra parmesan cheese eaten straight from the bag!)

Dessert: Plain yogurt with cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup
I tend to crave something sweet after most meals. So rather than totally deprive myself of desserts I've been trying to save a little treat for myself at the end of most days. So far I feel like it's really working! Do you crave something sweet after dinner?


No comments:

Post a Comment