Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Weighty Wednesday: 3 Down!

My first week of my postpartum weight loss and I'm down 3 pounds!

Week 1
Lbs Lost So Far: 3
Lbs Left To Lose: 24

As promised, I took pictures of everything I ate in a day in order to keep myself accountable. It really helped to kick off the week, and from there I feel like I made really healthy choices for the most part. I tried not to be totally extreme.....for example I had a cup of ice cream one night because I just really wanted it. And I never let myself feel starved. I got out on 2 good walks this week with the double stroller while wearing the baby. I was even going to attend hot yoga with my sister but we all got sick with a cold so I skipped it. Here are the pictures of what I ate one day:

Breakfast: Whole milk plain yogurt topped with homemade granola. (Recipe here) I love having this granola on hand because it has just the right amount of sweetness, plus it has lots of nuts and seeds in it for healthy fat. I also had a cup of black coffee.
 Snack: Mini apple with a big spoonful of peanut butter.
First Lunch: Salad with lettuce, avocado, boiled egg, carrot, and cucumber. I topped it with this blue cheese yogurt dressing and drank a La Croix mineral water.
Second Lunch: The picture vanished off my computer. But about an hour later I ate a Trader Joe's Cowboy Quinoa burger with a slice of Havarti cheese melted on top. I ate it on top of half of a whole wheat English muffin.

Snack: Half a banana
Snack: Rather than drinking more coffee when I feel tired in the afternoon, I've been trying to drink either tea or this plant-based superfood supplement.
 I mixed it with half milk and half water. I like the chocolate taste, although it does have a slightly "grassy" flavor.
Dinner: Brown Rice, Broccoli, "Eggroll in a Bowl". This was a new recipe called Eggroll in a Bowl. It was simply ground turkey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and a whole bag of shredded cabbage/carrots mixed in towards the end. I wouldn't say it necessarily tasted like the inside of an eggroll, but it was still good!
Snack: Does anyone else love eating a bowl of cereal before bed? It's definitely a habit that Adam and I picked up a few years ago and it's hard to quit! These days I'm trying not to eat after dinner unless I'm truly hungry. On this night I was, so I had a very small bowl of grape nuts with milk. Once again, the picture vanished from my computer.

So as you can see, I've been eating lots of mini meals throughout the day. I've heard this is good for your metabolism, and it makes me feel like I'm eating a lot! I will try to photograph another day of food this week to share next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment