Friday, July 1, 2016

What We Ate This Week

I've got another round of dinners for you! This week was HOT so I tried to keep things relatively simple. Nothing was super special or time consuming but everything was tasty. The boys didn't really eat any of these dinners, but that's not new.

Monday: Pesto Cod, baked potatoes, salad with red lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers. For the cod I just topped it with a little pesto and bread crumbs before baking and it turned out really yummy!

Tuesday: Spaghetti! (I don't think I'll ever get tired of this childhood favorite of mine). I used grass fed ground beef that I got on a really good sale, a jar of marinara sauce, and whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles. On the side we had some awesome garlic bread that Adam made, along with strawberries and broccoli.
 
Wednesday: Thai basil ground turkey (basil from my garden!), brown rice, cabbage sautéed in butter and topped with salt and sesame seeds. We also had some really juicy watermelon.
Thursday: Pizza night! I made homemade pizza dough and topped one pizza with cheese. For the other I used a leftover combination of ricotta/Italian sausage. I had made calzones earlier in the week to put in the freezer and I needed to use up the leftover filling. I also made a cucumber/tomato salad that I topped with parsley (from my garden!) and a homemade Italian dressing that I keep in the fridge.


We also had some cotton candy grapes. Have you tried those yet? They actually have a slight candy flavor to them! I found them at Costco.
Friday: Crockpot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup (Recipe here) This soup was delicious!! If you try it I would recommend cutting back on the salt a little bit. It tasted like something you would get at a restaurant. I also made a simple salad of iceburg and tomatoes. And we all enjoyed some tortilla chips with our soup. (unpictured)
 There's our week in dinners! What did you eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment