Thursday, April 2, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #13

It's Stitch Fix time, my friends! The suspense of waiting to see what I get each month drives me crazy. Seeing that first peek of what's in my box is so exciting! I see lots of fun colors this month.

 
Let's recap really quickly what Stitch Fix is in a nutshell. You fill out a very detailed style profile. You pay a $20 styling fee. Anxiously wait to see what your stylist chooses for you. You try on the clothes at home with existing items in your closet. Decide what you're keeping, and deduct the $20 styling fee from whatever you purchase. Keep all 5 items in the box and save 25% off everything. (I'm still waiting to do this!) Send back what you don't want. (Shipping is free both ways!) Give feedback to your stylist online so that your next "fix" is even better! Wear your new clothes and receive numerous compliments.
 
(I love the styling cards they provide for me. They show a casual and more formal option for accessorizing each item they send you. Good for fashion dummies like me!)
A quick word about my pictures this month....Adam wasn't available to be my photographer. So I put the baby down for her nap and turned on a cartoon for the boys. Hotwheels were flying at my head and the indoor lighting was pretty bad, but I somehow managed to take a ton of pictures and have a lot of fun! On with the clothes......
 
York Geo Print Henley Blouse by Skies are Blue

When I showed Adam this shirt he immediately said "It looks like you". I agreed that it looked like something I would wear. However, it just didn't excite me. It seemed a little too much like me, you know? Once I tried it on, something about the fit of the shirt made it feel very matronly. It was also a little too big on me, so it ended up feeling a little shapeless. I did like the split neckline and cute design on the shirt! Status: RETURNED

Florence Colorblocked Dress by Pixley
This is a cute dress with a colorblocking design that I really like. The cinched waist is not a style that is usually flattering on me, but I think it works on this dress because it flares out slightly on the bottom. I dressed it down with a denim jacket and flip flops, and I love this look. I dressed it up with my denim wedges and some pearls, and I just may wear this on Easter. I don't own any other dresses! It will be perfect for church this summer. Status: KEPT

Laurel Geo Print Maxi Dress by Pixley
This maxi dress is an example of why a cinched waist usually looks awful on me. It takes any sort of feminine shape I have and turns me into a big rectangle. I've been wanting to try on this style dress for a while, but unfortunately this dress confirmed what I already assumed. It just doesn't work for me. I did like it better with my denim jacket and a colorful necklace, but not enough to keep. Status: RETURNED

Kaia Crochet Trim Top by Skies are Blue
This top was so pretty! I loved the color and the beautiful lace detail on the shoulders. The fit wasn't the absolute more flattering shape on me around my waist, but it also wasn't bad. My only issue with this top was that I didn't need it. I already have a few lacey spring tops and although I really really wanted to keep this one, I just couldn't justify spending the money on it. For me, practical almost always wins out. I'm already regretting returning this one! Status: RETURNED

Marcel Drape Cardigan by Staccato
This was another tough one! I realize it's a cardigan that I wouldn't end up wearing until the Fall, but I really don't have a problem with that. If it's something I love, I can buy it now and keep it in my closet until the weather turns colder. This cardigan was such a beautiful color. Kind of a cross between teal and kelly green. I absolutely adored the color on my skintone. The cardigan was a cute drapey style that is very popular right now. I actually own two other cardigans in this style and I wore them a lot this past Winter because I could easily wrap Jenna up inside of them. The only problem with this sweater is that I discovered a small hole under one arm. Stitch Fix has great customer service, and they offered to either send me a replacement sweater or give me 15% off of the one with the defect. But ultimately I decided that a sweater that already had a hole just wasn't worth buying. Not to mention that I don't know how to sew! This is another one  may regret sending back. Status: RETURNED

I'm really hoping that my next fix will be the magic box where I keep everything and receive a 25% discount! If you decide to try Stitch Fix, would you please consider using my referral link? I get a small credit towards future "fixes". And once you sign up, you receive your own unique referral link to share with your friends! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832


No comments:

Post a Comment