Friday, October 17, 2014

House Tour: Family Room

I've known for a while that I wanted to use gray and blue/teal colors in my new family room. I decided to decorate with the cool, beachy colors that I am naturally attracted to. So after a lot of deliberation we went with gray walls for our family room. I am happy with this room, although I think it still needs a few pops of color here and there to brighten it up.
 
Here is the view walking in from the main entrance area. I'm thinking we need a long narrow rug to go behind the couch here, and possibly some curtains.
Immediately to the left is a shelf with some pictures and decorations:
I like how this family room is smaller and cozier than our last one.

Our throw pillows are a mixture of teals and grays. Our plan is to replace the TV tray with an actual end table at some point!
The fireplace. Once the Halloween picture comes down I want to add some colorful decorations on top of the mantle.
TV wall. (Apparently the boys were watching a princess cartoon). I want to put something tall in the left corner, but I'm not sure what.
 View of the entryway.

While I love the room so far, I have a few things on my wish list that I'd like to buy at some point. Maybe some curtains, a throw blanket, an end table, a long narrow rug, and some sort of tall shelf or piece of furniture. However, I have no idea what sort of colors to add to this room. Right now it is primarily gray, black, and different shades of blue/teal. I feel like I need an accent color that "pops", but I'm not so good at this sort of thing, so I don't know what color to choose. Adam suggested yellow but I'm not sure. Anyone have a knack for decorating who wants to offer advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment