Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freezer Foods for Post-Baby

It's no secret that I love keeping my freezer stocked full of homemade breakfast items and freezer meals. Since we moved our freezer has been a bit sad and empty. But I am slowly getting back in to the routine of things. Last weekend when we had homemade pizza for dinner I tripled our pizza dough recipe and rolled out a few extra pizza crusts to put in the freezer. And when I made homemade whole wheat pancakes recently I stashed a few servings away for easy weekday breakfasts. Here is a picture of possibly the prettiest breakfast I have ever made for myself. And it only took about two minutes, thanks to my freezer stash!
Homemade whole wheat blueberry pancakes topped with plain whole milk yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and sunflower seeds. So fancy and healthy!
 
So now that I am 33 weeks pregnant I am starting to think about making some freezer meals to have on hand after the baby is here. This time around I really want to think of foods my boys will eat, that are still healthy. My whole wheat pizza crust is a great example of that because I know at least Ryan will eat homemade cheese pizza, and it is relatively healthy.  BBQ'd pulled pork or chicken is next on my list of things to double and freeze, since Ryan will also eat that. But now I need some other ideas of what to make. What are some freezer meal ideas that might please extremely picky eaters? Please share your recipes and ideas with me!

2 comments:

  1. Will they eat plain bean and cheese burritos? Those freeze easily...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately neither boy will eat beans, tortillas, or cheese. But I was thinking frozen burritos would be great for Adam and I!

    ReplyDelete