Monday, December 31, 2012

Planks, Puke and Paint

We visited my sister and her family over the weekend. For the most part it was a great trip! First the good: planks! Lucas held captive his audience of cousins by showing off his new skills of sitting up, semi-crawling, and planking! He gets up on his hands and feet and stretches out his body like he's going to propel himself forward. He face-plants most of the time, but looks so cute doing it!

Now for the not so good: During our car ride up there Ryan said he had an "owie" and started whimpering a little bit. Call it Mommy intuition or something else, but I immediately knew he was going to throw up. I asked him if his tummy hurt and then he answered my question by throwing up. Uggg. I was afraid he had caught the stomach flu that is going around, but after cleaning  him off and giving him crackers, we determined he was just carsick. Any tips for helping carsick kids? This happened a couple months ago and I really don't want it to become a regular occurrence.

But Ryan wasn't done making messes. The next day, about an hour before we were going to leave my sister's house to come home, Ryan got into a can of dark green paint and dumped it on my sister's nice light carpeting. I had been out to lunch with my sister and we had left the men in charge of the 7 kids. We arrived home to find a naked Ryan crying in the shower and Adam and my nephew Josh frantically cleaning the carpet.  Thankfully they got most of the stain out and it's funny to think about now, but I felt so bad for my sister and her new house!

5 comments:

  1. Susannah gets car sick if she overheats, so we have to be careful about making sure she's dressed appropriately (and that the car is cooled off in summer).

    When going on a trip she usually just wears a tshirt (and light sweater in cold weather) in her seat. I give her her coat to cover up with if needed but she usually throws it on the floor right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that worked for Jessamy (and myself when a child) was sitting in the front seat. I had got over being carsick as an adult so had to relinquish the front for the back so Jessamy wouldn't be throwing up. And two men with seven kids? lol No way that would ever work. Just saying.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea both times it happened I think he was dressed too warmly.

    Susan, to clarify, two of those kids were Sam and Josh! So really it was more like 5 kids. =)

    Ginger is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he will leave them on his wrists, Seabands might help.

    ReplyDelete