Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cutie Shoes

Ryan got his first pair of rain boots last week and he is officially obsessed with them.

He wakes up and asks me where his new shoes are.

"New shoes Mommy?", asked with a tilt of his head.

He stomps in puddles with them. He kicks his feet back and forth in them underneath the table while eating lunch. He wears them to the park. But then grudgingly lets me swap them for his regular shoes when he realizes he can't run and climb too well in his boots.

It's incredibly cute.

Speaking of shoes, Ryan said something funny the other day. We were at the grocery store. Ryan had kicked off his shoes, as he always does when at the store. Only this time I failed to notice. Partway through the store an employee came up to me holding Ryan's shoes. It seems a certain little toddler had left his shoes in the produce department. I thanked the man and told Ryan to stop kicking off his shoes.

He looked at me with his serious little face and said "People take my shoes".

Man I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment