Tuesday, December 4, 2012

6-Month Dr. Visit

Lucas turned 6 months yesterday. I haven't posted my usual update about him because I can't upload pictures to my "safe-mode" computer. I bet you can all guess what I'd like for Christmas! I also haven't been able to post because, well, things are a little nuts around here in the evenings and I no longer have a spare minute to myself. That will hopefully change soon. More on that later.

So Lucas had his check-up yesterday and all was well with him. He was all smiles for the doctor and nurses. Here are his 6-month growth stats:

Weight: 16 lbs, 11 oz (35%)
Height: 26.5 inches (45%)
Head: 17.25 inches (63%)

Ryan's growth stats at 6 months of age were exactly the same, with the exception of his weight being 1 oz less. Isn't that crazy how similar they are? Lucas' growth has definitely slowed down a bit, even though he's eating solid foods now. I've been giving him solids once or twice a day, but now that he's 6 months old I'm going to increase it to about 3 times per day, with the addition of meats and combined foods. This morning he had peach rice pudding for breakfast!

Lucas got 3 vaccinations as well as a flu shot yesterday. He cried briefly and then seemed fine all day (except for the fact that he only napped 20 minutes yesterday!). But then last night he was fussy and really warm. Poor little baby, I hate those shots!

I talked to the Dr. in length about Lucas' poor sleeping habits and how they are alarmingly similar to Ryan's at this age. We're going to start letting him cry himself to sleep later this week. I am both excited about it and dreading it at the same time. I will update on our progress next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment