Saturday, December 22, 2012

Giving Thanks During The Never Ending Virus

We've all been sick since last week and it feels like we're never going to get better! This virus is very slow moving and it's taking a lot longer to bounce back than usual. It started with Ryan and then spread to the rest of us.

Ryan is almost symptom-free at this point, with the exception of some congestion and a cough. But oh boy, is he cranky! I can tell he's still not feeling well because he wants me to hold him a lot during the day and he has a major meltdown over every little small thing. Oh wait, is that just what 2.5 year olds do?

Lucas is living up to the nickname Daddy gave him when he was born.....Pukus Mucus Lucas. Poor guy, that's such a terrible nickname! But unfortunately it's true....he has had major mucus spilling out of him since last Friday, and he has coughed/gagged so hard that he's thrown up.

I thought I had the easiest version of the cold until a few days ago. I got the sore throat, congestion and pinkeye, but then started feeling even worse a few days ago. I am now on inhalers for my cough, and Robitussin taken at night is thankfully helping a little bit. But now my glands are so swollen I can barely swallow food.

Adam had all the same symptoms as me, except for the pinkeye. But guess what happened in the middle of last night for him? Green eye discharge! Seriously, it feels like the virus that just keeps giving

As difficult as it is to be sick while taking care of sick kids, I do know how blessed I am. I read recently that the feeling of joy begins with the act of thanksgiving, no matter the circumstances. There are so many things to give thanks to God for. No ER trip for this sickness, the help of my Mom who got sick herself from being around us, Adam is off from work for the next 10 days, generally healthy kids, and the fact that we should be better by Christmas! We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment