Friday, June 3, 2011

Newark MOPS

I have talked about how much I love MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) on here before. Now I love it even more because this mom's group is coming to Newark! A brand new group is starting up in September and it's meeting at Newark Community Church! (my church).

I was asked by the leadership team to be the Finance Coordinator for this new group, and I have happily accepted the position. This means I am in charge of the budget for the year, as well as registering new Moms to the group. I am really excited to put my degree in Finance to good use. Since becoming a Mom and quitting my job, I have missed using that part of my brain.

So now I want to share details of how to get involved with MOPS, because I want all my Mom friends to have a chance to join! Meetings will start in September. They will be every other Monday morning, from 9 until 11:30. From September through June there are a total of 15 meetings. 5 of them are playdate-style, while the other 10 are just for the moms. (childcare is provided). These meetings will include brunch, speakers, discussion, crafts, and much more. The total cost is $122 for the year. E-mail me if you are interested in registering or just getting more information.

MOPS has been a real blessing for me since becoming a Mom. It has provided me with a support group of other moms who are going through the same joys and trials that I am. I have met some great friends this past year and I want every Mom to be able to experience the same thing. Let me know if you want to join MOPS!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you!!! Being part of Las Madras, a similar group helped me so much when Jessamy was born. We kept meeting even after the kids were in pre-school!!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete