Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All Boy

I have never had a baby girl. Someday I would love to have a daughter. But for now, I only know what it's like to raise a little boy. And so far what I believe is that they are very different from little girls. I do believe that God makes men and women differently. There are obvious stereotypes about boys liking all things dirty and dangerous, and girls being a little calmer when they are young. I don't think this is an accident.....God knows what he is doing when he knits us together! And God sure is creative when creating little boys.
Here are two recent examples of how Ryan is definitely "All Boy".
~He is attracted to all things gross and dirty. When in the backyard he seems to be drawn to the dog poop. We're pretty diligent about picking it up and keeping Ryan away from it, but he somehow managed to grab one the other day. Luckily I stopped him before he put it in his mouth.


~He ate a dead mosquito this week. I had noticed it laying dead on our couch but didn't get a chance to throw it away. A few minutes later I hear Ryan spitting and I see little legs coming out of his mouth. Major yuck.

1 comment:

  1. But such funny stories you can tease him about for life!!!!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete