Thursday, December 30, 2010

Yes I Still Use gDiapers

I have been asked this question A LOT lately. Yes, Ryan is still wearing gDiapers and they are working out really well for us! I use the cloth inserts during the day, and use a disposable insert at night. I've found the disposable inserts seems to absorb a bit better and therefore Ryan can wear it longer. For the most part I try to use cloth all day, but I sometimes use the occasional Huggies or Pampers, such as during a long car ride.
The only issue I'm having lately is how to dispose of the poop, and how to keep the stink from taking over my house. Yes, I said poop. Now that Ryan is eating more solid foods, his poop has become, how shall I put this.......more "adult-like". I usually either rinse it down the shower drain or put it in the toilet. The cloth inserts themselves then get thrown in a bucket in the shower. I fill the bucket up with water and a little bit of vinegar to mask the scent. But lately it hasn't been working so great, and it's starting to smell like a frat house around here. The longest I ever wait in between baby laundry loads is 3 days, typically more like 2. But trust me, that's long enough for the smell to become problematic. Any suggestions from other cloth-diaper using mamas out there?

And yes, Ryan's thighs are quite strong. I know you were wondering.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could give you some advice, I thought about going with cloth when I was pregnant but was too chicken to actually do it. I really admire you for doing it.

    Anyway, from what I remember, we are not too far from each other. If you are up to it, maybe Nadine and Ryan can go on a play date one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use a dry bag (PlanetWise hanging bag) and it is AWESOME for keeping the smells in.

    For poop, we have a diaper sprayer attached to our toilet, but our change pad is on top of the dryer, which is in the one bathroom... so it's right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete