Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bad Mommy

Just in case you didn't already think I was a bad mom for letting my son pull down the Christmas tree..........he fell off our bed last night.

Yes, my heart hurts a little just thinking about it. I certainly won't be getting an award for my Mommy skills yesterday.

I set Ryan in the middle of our King-size bed. I turned around, took 2 steps, grabbed a kleenex, and turned back around. It probably took me 5 seconds in total. When I turned back around, Ryan had crawled to the edge of the bed and dove off head-first. He flipped over in the air and landed flat on his back.

Of course I scopped him up immediately to comfort him. You know when a baby is hurt and their cry is silent at first? Like they open their mouth to cry and turn red, but they're in so much shock that no sound comes out? That's what Ryan did. Once the sound came out, though, it was really loud. Surprisingly he stopped crying after about a minute, and seems just fine today.

I guess it's a rite of passage into mommyhood. Having your baby fall off the bed. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

3 comments:

  1. oh i hate that silent cry! just so heartbreaking. today will definitely be a better day! don't worry, it happens to moms. trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens to the best of us. Our first fall was a few days ago too. ((on a side story... since my son started walking super early at 9 months he thinks he can run and fly and all boys do. He fell smack into the corner of a doorway and an egg bump appeared on his head. I had to go to the ER, there was no way I'd sleep knowing that huge egg was on his head. So, they basically laughed at me in the ER and said this isn't the worst of it. Boys think they're superman and I'm doomed. So... just passing on this wisdom.))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the furthest thing from a bad mommy, you are a great mommy! But I know the feeling...lesson learned I guess :)

    ReplyDelete