Friday, December 17, 2010

Foodie Friday: Recipes

I rarely follow recipes. Instead of finding a recipe I like, buying the ingredients, and then preparing the meal, I work backwards. I tend to do my shopping and then try to assemble edible meals based on what I have in the pantry. I take a recipe and substitute here and there until the end result is nothing close to the original recipe. Do you do this or is it just me?

I've had quite a few flops lately in the kitchen and Adam has become quite suspicious of what I cook. A typical conversation around dinnertime involves Adam asking me what's for dinner. I tell him, and he then asks if he can order a pizza.

So I went out and bought myself an early Christmas present.

Rachael Ray's Look & Cook Cookbook. I LOVE cookbooks. I like to sit down on the couch and read through them like a regular book. So after reading through every recipe in this cook, I realized that about 75% of the meals look like something I might actually make! This is rare, as most cookbooks have pretty pictures, but they are foods I probably wouldn't ever cook. So my goal over the next few weeks is to cook as many recipes from this book as possible. I'm going to try my hardest to not go substitute-crazy with the ingredients, but rather to stick to what is listed. Because after all, it's a recipe for a reason. I will report back next week on what I have made. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment