Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MOPS

I attended my first MOPS meeting yesterday. I am so glad I went!

MOPS stands for "Mothers of Preschoolers". It is a Christian organization that gathers together mothers of kids 5 and under. They meet twice a month for a couple hours and do all sorts of things....guest speakers, crafts, prayer, food, book discussions.....but the best part is the fellowship with other moms. I stepped into the room yesterday and instantly felt it was where God wanted me to be.

Everyone was so NICE. At least 5 people offered to hold baby Ryan. (Maybe they were trying to be helpful, maybe he's just too cute not to hold). I felt so welcomed and by the end I had made up my mind to join. I think it will help to fill a void in my life.....Christian fellowship with other young moms.

If you have MOPS in your area, I'd definitely recommend it. I know they are located in 30 countries around the world, (I won a t-shirt for guessing this!) so chances are good there's one near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment