Monday, September 27, 2010

Hand-Picked

Whenever I hear the same thing more than once in a week, I tend to think God is trying to tell me something. Lately, I've had multiple people tell me that God gives us our children for a reason. As in, it's no accident that Ryan is mine. He was uniquely formed in my womb by God. He was created specifically to be my son.

I have to admit there have been times during the last 5 months when I have questioned why he was given to me. I've felt like I'm not the best mom for him. He tries my patience and he's not even talking yet! He makes me cry sometimes when he JUST WON'T SLEEP. I've questioned whether I'm the right person to raise this little boy.

But I am! God hand-picked me to be his mommy. I have been blessed with the gift of my sweet baby boy and God will give me everything I need to be a good mom. I have a feeling that God is going to teach me many important lessons about myself as I raise Ryan. Maybe even more than I will teach my son.

1 comment:

  1. WOW girl, you have me in tears. So beautifully written. I have never thought about God making my son sepcifically for me... AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete