Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Books

Some of my best memories from my childhood are my books. I loved to read from a young age, and still do to this day. Whenever I got sick I remember sitting up in bed with my huge stack of books, reading through each and every one of them. The people at the library used to ask me "Are you sure you can read all those books?" when I would arrive at the check out counter with a stack of 20 books. My childhood favorite was "The Little Red Hen".

Because I have such fond memories of books, I think it is important for me to start reading to Ryan at a young age. I want to start building up his book collection. Maybe reading books can soon become part of his bedtime routine.


So far he only has a few books. I want to buy him many more!Unfortunately books are expensive. I was at the bookstore the other day buying a book on how to get your baby to sleep (a blog post for another day). I ventured into the children's section and recognized many books that I used to read as a kid. I got so excited seeing them that I wanted to buy them all! My plan is to slowly buy books for Ryan, maybe 1 or 2 per month. I hope Ryan learns to love books as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. The Newark Library has an ongoing booksale!
    Most children's books are only $1! Check it out! You just sift through the children's books (they usually have at least 1 bin of them, but sometimes they don't have any out for the week while they wait for more donations) and then drop your money in the slot. Even though they're used books, your money goes to lots of good causes and it's cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lisa said, and check out half price books off of auto mall. they have a big selection of children's books. a lot of them are new, just overstocked. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also Ross and Marshall's have pretty good prices compared to Target, Border's, etc...

    ReplyDelete