Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Topics

1) I made homemade chicken enchiladas and they were delicious! Even Adam commented that they were the best I've ever made. I actually made the enchilada red sauce from scratch, since I didn't have any on hand, and it was really easy! Let me know if you want the recipe.

2) I recently finished this book, and did NOT like it at all. Julie & Julia should have focused more on the actual food and less on Julie's constant whining.

3) I just bought this CD, and absolutely love it! I've been hearing Francesca Battistelli on the radio for a while, so I finally splurged and spent the $10 on her CD. Well worth it! I would compare her singing style to that of Sara Bareilles, only a bit more unique. She's a Christian pop singer with some attitude in her voice.

4) Tonight I am meeting some friends from Team in Training for dinner at Buffalo Bill's. I'm looking forward to hearing their success stories from the half-marathon. Actually, I'm hoping they will all whine and complain about how terribly difficult and stupid it was, and make me feel like the smart one for not running. Just kidding! Kind of.

5) I love being in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy! Except for the trouble sleeping through the night, the teenage acne, and the back-aches. Other than those things, I really am enjoying the 4th month. I absolutely can't wait until I start to feel the baby moving around. I'm sure it will be a little weird, but awesome at the same time.

6) Baby name suggestions are still welcome! Please note that I have strict rules, though. The middle name will definitely be James, so the first name must contain 2 syllables, and cannot start with "N". Got it?


***EDITED TO ADD**

I cursed myself! I wrote that the 2nd trimester is going great, and then WHAM! I get the absolute worst migraine of my life. Imagine hanging over the toilet in the middle of the night, calling the Dr. and begging for something stronger than tylenol. Waaaa

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Francesca Battistelli's song that's on the radio...the rest of her cd is just as good??

    I'm so glad that T2 is going well so far! I can't believe you're already 14 weeks. You're almost half way done, already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard 2 of her songs on the radio....Dents in my Fender and Letting Go. The rest of the CD is pretty similar to the style of those 2 songs. I'll burn it for you if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool thanks! Sorry to hear about the migraine :o(

    I went to the Dr. again today because I'm on day 13 of my fever...got tested for H1N1. I'm kind of hoping that I've got it so I won't have to make that decision about the vaccine, lol! I'll know by Friday. I'm slightly better today though, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer never tells me when you update. :( Ohwell...

    Did you get my e-mail with the list of suggestions? I worked long and hard on that list! ...Okay, okay... I spent like 30-40 minutes tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I did get the list! Adam and I actually reviewed it the other night and I *think* we came up with 2 potential names. Only now I can only remember one......

    ReplyDelete