Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a..........

So this afternoon I had my "NT" scan. This is where they use an ultra high-tech ultrasound machine to look at every part of the baby's body. They are checking for signs of Down Syndrome, as well as just making sure all the necessary parts are present and growing. It was sooo much fun! The Dr. was super zoomed in with the ultrasound, so the baby looked huge! (It's only 3 inches)

We saw its little fingers and toes, spine, profile, and the Dr. said everything looks absolutely perfect. He kept saying it had a "very nice face". I assumed this just meant it had two eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Adam thinks it means the baby is really good looking.

At one point the baby reached out its arm and waved at us. So adorable! But almost the entire time, the baby was standing on its head. No matter how much the Dr. poked and jiggled my belly, it wouldn't cooperate. But he was able to get all the necessary measurements and gave us the A-OK.

Towards the end he said "So do you know what you're having?". I'm thinking, how on earth would we know, since I'm only just over 13 weeks. So I said "Why, do you?". He responded "Yup". I said "Oh My Gosh, that means it's a boy". He turns to Adam and says "She's smart!"

It's a BOY!!!

The Dr. is 90% sure, but we're assuming he's right. Once he pointed it out to us, it became pretty obvious that it's a boy. =)

Any name suggestions?? So far Adam hates all my suggestions, but can't come up with any himself. We are open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I still can't believe you found out already!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited! Time for shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still love Curtis :o)

    ReplyDelete