Monday, June 24, 2019

Placer County Fair

On Sunday we attended the Placer County Fair in Roseville with Grandma Jan. It was a really hot afternoon, so our first stop (after a water balloon toss) was for some cold treats!
We took our drinks and walked through the barn area to look at the animals. Andrew was particularly excited about all the goats.
 Moooo
We arrived at the Pedal Puller event just in time to get the kids on the list. All 3 participated and it was so much fun to watch!
The kids spotted some fun games, so we told them they could each choose 1 activity to do. The boys both opted to "walk on water" in these giant balls. Personally, I think it looked a bit claustrophobic....and I think Lucas felt the same way. As soon as he got in I could tell he wasn't enjoying himself. He looked panicked. Then I could see him crying. I asked the lady to get him out, an he told me it was scary and he couldn't breathe. Poor guy!
 Ryan, on the other hand, LOVED it!
At this point we were pretty hot, so we went inside a building where they had various contest winners' art showcased. It was air-conditioned, so we took our time looking at everything. We stopped for a nice family photo.
And then Andrew kicked Adam in a bad spot and he tossed him into my arms before walking off in pain. And that is what you call real life with kids.
Back outside it was time for the pig races!
Lucas really wanted to be chosen as our area's pig representative, to select a pig to win and then cheer it on. He stood there raising his hand so politely the entire time, and the guy walked right by him. I felt bad for poor Lucas.
Cheering on piggies Big Joe, Bob, and Strawberry.
Someone randomly handed us a few tickets for the carnival rides and games, so we let the boys ride the bumper cars.
And all 3 kids played a game and won some fish.
 And wouldn't you know it, they named them Big Joe, Bob, and Strawberry. Unfortunately Big Joe and Bob didn't make it through the night.
It was a hot day but we had a lot of fun experiencing our first Fair up here in Placer County! It reminded me a little bit of Newark Days from my childhood (except a good 20 degrees hotter!!)

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice & useful post. Really happy to see such post. I have come to know about many new ideas. I will try my best to implement some of them. Thanks.

    wood tools

    ReplyDelete