Thursday, May 30, 2019

Summer Plans

5 days left of school and then its summer!! Everyone I know is always so excited for their kids to be out of school. And I am too.....to an extent. I'm just such a practical realist that I can't help but think about what summer is really like when your kids are home all day.

No more packing lunches! (I don't get it....I still have to prepare lunch for 4 kids every day in the summer. And breakfast. And dinner. And snacks.)

Sleeping in! (Is this even a thing if you have little kids??)

Days full of fun and play! (Days full of arguing kids!)

It's just a big change going from 2 kids to 4 kids at home, know what I mean?
As tempting as it is to just keep our days wide open for fun, I find my kids (and I) do a lot better when we have some sort of a simple routine to our days. Every once in a while we might stay in our PJs and watch cartoons in the morning.....but I don't let that happen very often. Because it always leads to grumpy disobedient kids. 

So I have spent the last few weeks making summer plans. Some are bigger things, like VBS programs at a few local churches. We are also going on a little vacation in July. Other more simple plans are things like taking a picnic to the park, doing a lemonade stand, or taking advantage of $1 kid movies at the local movie theater. 
 Ryan made this list for me. I think it's a good mix of big and little plans. And if you can read the last item, NO we are not going to Tahoe for a year. Hopefully for a day or two though!

How do you handle summer with your kids? Crammed full of activities? Completely free and wide open? And do you look forward to it? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment