Friday, May 17, 2019

Recent Thoughts

Whew! Has the month of May been a little crazy for anyone else? I have heard May referred to as "Maycember", because it can feel just as busy and hectic as December.

The boys have had projects due this month, Jenna has preschool graduation coming up, we have baseball still in full swing, end-of-baseball parties, teacher gifts to buy, open house at school, Mother's Day, summer plans to make.....it's just a lot!

In addition to all the end of school madness, Adam was gone 2 weekends ago on a trip to Las Vegas. On the day he got home he got a little cough, and within a couple days he had full blown flu symptoms. He was suffering so much that by that Friday we were in the emergency room. He was diagnosed with bronchitis and dehydration, and it has really taken a full week for him to feel normal again. Jenna also got sick, but not as severely as Adam. It is really hard when 1 (or both!) parent is down sick because we rely on each other so much.

I think this is the only picture I took during the last 2 weeks. Lucas had to make a cheetah for a school project. And I wanted to be involved and help....but ultimately between Adam and Jenna being sick, and me trying to get everyone from Point A to Point B while being fed and clothed.....I just couldn't do it. So I relinquished control to Lucas (as it should be with school projects!) and he did an amazing job.
On top of the sickness and busyness, I have become immersed in learning about the new school curriculum that was just adopted in our school district, along with more that was passed at the state level and will eventually make its way to our school. I have a lot of decisions to make about future schooling for all of my kids, and it has honestly been consuming my time and thoughts this month. My heart is heavy with everything I have been hearing and reading.

So those are my recent thoughts.....I'm curious if everyone else is feeling the strain of May or it's just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment