Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Andrew: 9 Months

Happy 9 Months Andrew!

This update is a little delayed because you've been a sick baby this past week. You're still a congested coughing mess, but hopefully we will all be feeling better by the weekend.

Oh Drewski-Man, you are a crazy baby! I feel like all of a sudden your true personality has emerged. You are LOUD and impatient! Maybe you are just trying to be heard above the noise in our house...but you literally cry and yell at us. One of your favorite things to do right now is to grab my skin and try to rip it off of me.

If your needs are not immediately met, if you're bored, if you're hungry.....you have no patience. You get upset really quickly and cry and yell and bang on things to get our attention. You are just not a content baby! And don't get me started on diaper changes. Ohhh boy they are getting difficult!

Speaking of banging...you have started banging your head against your highchair. Please don't turn into a head-banger like Lucas! You will slam your head back against your highchair, and you do it rather violently! Maybe you will turn out to be just like Lucas. You two seem to have a special bond. He adores making you laugh, and he is always the one rolling around on the floor playing with you.
You are a really awful sleeper. You literally nap for 20 minutes and then you are awake screaming. And you are not content to just sit and play. You want to be held by me. I keep saying I need to sleep train you, but I don't want to do it while you're sick. And you keep getting sick! I know you are old enough and capable of sleeping in your crib at night, but instead you are right next to me, waking up about every hour. I keep trying to figure out why I feel so tired and unproductive lately. Well I think this is my answer. We need to sleep!!
You are a really messy eater. You love feeding yourself, but most of your food ends up on the floor or in your lap or wiped in your hair. I've been giving you a sippy cup with water for the past few months, but you still can't figure it out! You just treat it like a teething toy.
You have mastered the skill of pulling yourself up to stand. However, you still aren't attempting real steps. Ryan is the winner in our family (walked at 9 months, 5 days). We'll see if you can beat your brother Lucas, who walked a little before his 10 month birthday.

Your hair has gotten thicker and wavier this month! You get called a towhead a lot when we're out, but I doubt it will stay this light.

One of your favorite things to do right now is to grab my skin and try to rip it off of me. I don't mean to be so negative....but you're seriously at a tough age right now!

So much for the cute 9-month sticker I put on your shirt. Everything either goes in your mouth or gets destroyed!

Happy 9-month birthday baby Andrew! My hope for the month ahead is lots of sleep and happy baby smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment