Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Jenna: Three

Happy 3rd Birthday Jenna Mae Nullmeyer!
I remember the day we found out your gender. It felt like such a gift to be having a girl. And now more than 3 years later it still feels that way! You are such a special addition to our family; a much needed ray of light and happiness.

When I asked Daddy what is special about you, he said "She's the happiest little thing we've ever had. Just happy all the time". I would have to agree! Obviously you have your moments, but for the most part you have such a sunny disposition. You get excited about really simple everyday things. You are so appreciative and content, and I hope you always stay that way.

You have always had a big vocabulary, but over the last few months you have been talking a LOT. You talk to me nonstop during the day. And sometimes you say really grown-up sounding things. The other day I was being stern with you, telling you that when Mommy asks you to do something, you must obey me. You smiled sweetly and said "Ok you're the boss Mommy!"

Likes: You love watching Paw Patrol, and beg to watch it every morning after breakfast. You also love playing with your big brothers. Some of your favorite foods are cucumbers, eggs, ground meat, sunflower seeds, toast fingers, peanut butter sandwiches, spaghetti, smoothies, granola bars.....I could go on and on. You're a great eater!

Dislikes include getting water in your face (OH the drama!), and eating anything too peppery or spicy.

You love making lists. You love asking me what we need from the store. I will name off items and you will pretend to write them down. The other day we were doing this, except I asked YOU what we needed. You opened up the cupboards and actually told me 5 things we were out of. I am constantly amazed by how smart you are!

You don't seem to be overly shy. You easily go to your Sunday School class and never make a fuss about leaving me. I think you will do great in preschool next year.

You haven't napped in quite a few months now. Instead, you have a "quiet time" in your room most afternoons. You easily go to bed at night. You give me a big hug and a kiss and a "goodnight Mommy!". And every morning you wake up happy. I go into your room and pretend that I can't find you. Eventually I find you under your covers and you think it's the BEST game ever.

One thing I really need to work on with you is potty-training. I figured you'd be fully trained by now, but I think adding baby Andrew to the family this year has delayed us. I promise to work on this more with you soon!

Despite how amazingly happy and go-with-the-flow you are, you are showing some signs of 3 yr old stubbornness. Nobody's perfect, right? You want to do things yourself, like getting your own water from the fridge or taking off your socks. You occasionally throw little tantrums, but will always go to a timeout and stay there, and then apologize afterwards. Recently we have caught you sneaking candy a few times and hiding with it behind the curtains.
Daddy's Nicknames: Baby Girl, Shingy Ma-Bopper. I call you "my girl". Oh and Jenna, you have the cutest most little cartoonish voice right now. People comment on it a lot.



Happy Birthday Jenna! We love you so very much, and I hope you have a fun birthday my precious daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment