Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Stop To See

Does this ever happen to you? I go through my day so busy with the endless tasks of motherhood, that I don't stop to really look at what's going on around me. Sure, I see my kids. But I see them as tasks. One needs help tying their shoes. Another needs help brushing their teeth. They all need dinner prepared for them. I am so busy trying to complete my work for the day that I'm just not seeing everything.

Then sometimes at the end of the day I browse through the photos on my phone and I'm surprised. My kids were doing that? How cute! They took a picture of me? I look so tired and distracted!

I downloaded recent photos from my phone and here's what I saw.

The boys were playing the game "Suck It Up" with M&M's after dinner.

Jenna is always taking my picture. I thought this one was kind of cool.

My little Darth Vader blowing the leaves for me.

Ryan just completed an after-school lego class.

He was so proud of his creations!

 Sometimes having my Mom just hold the baby so I can put away laundry is SO helpful.

I snuck over during recess to watch Ryan play kickball. In his words, he plays "big-kid games" now.

My girl at the park. Her legs look so long!

Ryan's Christmas list. I love that he can write it himself now!

Someone fell asleep shopping at Target.

Homemade salsa for my MOPS group. This bowl makes me happy because I have made so many great friends in this group!

Ryan loves taking pictures of his cars and then printing them out. Here is his latest shot.

Do you stop to see what's happening around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment