Monday, November 27, 2017

Stitch Fix Review #32

I received my 32nd Stitch Fix box last week and it was a great one! (Psst: Use this link to get your first fix for FREE!!)

So I actually received a fix a few weeks ago and didn't blog about it. It was kind of a mess. I think there was a disconnect between what I was requesting and what I actually wear in real life. I was brutally honest in my feedback. I believe my exact words were "How do you expect me to change poopy diapers or wash dishes in these tops with huge bell sleeves?". Stitch Fix customer service reached out to me to try and get things back on track. They refunded my styling fee and set me up with a new stylist.

For this fix I created a new Pinterest board with very casual outfits. Think sweatshirts, jeans, joggers, and casual sweaters. My new stylist did a fantastic job and hopefully my fixes going forward will be just as realistic for my glamorous lifestyle. Ha!

Folsom Essential Knit Top by Mix by 41 Hawthorn
This is a very basic black and white striped top. A shirt like this is a great staple to own, as it can be mixed and matched with many tops and bottoms. Surprisingly, I don't own a basic striped top like this. So I'm keeping it. One thing I also love is the price point. Lately I've been noticing some great prices from Stitch Fix, comparable to those at Old Navy. This top was one of the least expensive items I have received from Stitch Fix, but the quality still seemed great. Status: KEPT 

Rene Plaid Knit Puffer Vest by Skies Are Blue
I love this vest! It is so comfy and cozy and I love the pockets. My stylist suggested pairing it with the striped top, so that's exactly what I did. We were heading out to cut down a Christmas tree so I threw on my new top and vest, added my favorite Stitch Fix jeans and rain boots, and I was good to go. I love vests because my torso is the area of my body that seems to get cold the easiest. Sometimes I don't feel like wearing a jacket or big sweater, so a vest is the perfect option. Status: KEPT

Bella Button Up Skinny Jean by Just Black
I was excited to see green jeans in my fix! I've been wanting olive green cargo pants or skinny jeans for a while now. When I put these on they fit like a glove. Adam said they actually looked a little tight. I agree they are very form fitting, but they don't feel too tight. They are more like jeggings than jeans, so they fit like leggings. The style card showed pairing them with a cream sweater, so I grabbed my favorite tan cardigan and brown booties and I like the look! I think these would also look great with my black sneakers and a black top. I also like green with light pink. Maybe my stylist can send me a light pink sweater next time?? Status: KEPT

Haight Embroidery Cold Shoulder Pullover by Alice Blue
When I first saw this sweater I thought it was cute. Embroidery detailing is very "on-trend" right now. Then I saw that it was a cold shoulder sweater and I wasn't so sure. I think if it had regular shoulders I'd love it. Or if it was a solid white cold shoulder sweater, without the flowers, it'd be great. But both trendy details on one sweater at once is just too much for me. I'm going to keep it and sell it on a Facebook Stitch Fix buy/sell/trade group.

Maddy Pullover by Pink Clover
I mentioned in my notes that I'd like a pullover sweatshirt. I own a lot of sweaters but nothing more casual like a sweatshirt. This one is okay, but if we're getting nitpicky I don't love the color. I like light gray and dark gray, but not this in between grey. Ha! Also, there is a white thread on the front of it that is attached to the sweatshirt, making it look like a stain. Stitch Fix is going to let me return the sweatshirt, but keep the other 4 items and still receive the 25% buy-all discount. How's that for great customer service? Status: RETURN

So I'm keeping the jeans, the vest, and the striped tee. I'm returning the sweatshirt and selling the sweater, but still receiving 25% off of everything. Pretty sweet deal! Right now Stitch Fix is waiving the $20 styling fee for new customers. If you've ever considered trying out this fun styling service, NOW is the time! They rarely offer their services for free. Please consider using my referral link to sign up, but do it soon before this offer ends. https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832?sod=w&som=c

PS: What would you have kept? Do you want to buy the floral sweater from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment